Our purpose is to provide insight and ideas to drive more effective use of sustainability. We monitor and evaluate what works, where and why.
We provide independent, professional advice to organisations looking to scrutinise their operations. Our work provides sustainability accountability to our customers, to their customers and investors, and to the broader local and global communities.
Our company values underpin all that we do:
- Making a difference – We are dedicated to making a contribution to equitable and sustainable business operations through the independent perspective we provide.
- Technical excellence and innovation – We strive to do the best job possible; this challenges us to continually adapt by exploring new approaches and reflecting systematically on the quality of our work.
- Collaboration and learning – We thrive in a learning environment. We work closely with others to generate and share knowledge and skills.
- Personal development – We are committed to fostering our personal and professional development, working together within a supportive working environment which promotes diversity and a healthy work-life balance.
- Gender – We actively promote gender equality and wider social inclusion, both through our work and within our organisation.
Our values influence all of our work and the way we run our business. They shape our decision making, inform our policies and procedures, and are the foundation of our company culture.
Our Code of Conduct
GWGlobal operates to the highest standards of probity and transparency in all our business activities and aspires to the principles set out in ISO26000. Contributing to the UN SDGs also underpins all that we do. It is our policy to act at all times in a manner that is socially responsible. To achieve this, we have articulated our stance with respect to a number of key social issues in the following statement:
- We support universal human rights, both within the communities in which we operate and within the organisations with which we do business, and will seek to ensure that our activities world-wide are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- We will not be involved in the supply or shipment of goods or services where there are clearly identifiable risks of use for acts of internal repression or external aggression that would violate human rights.
- We promote equal opportunities and recruit, train, and promote in all job areas without discriminating against any employee or job applicant on grounds of their age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, or pregnancy/maternity status.
- We uphold freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining.
- We operate in complete recognition of employment rights and do not condone unacceptable employee treatment such as child labour, forced labour or any form of harassment; we provide the safest and healthiest possible workplaces, recognising our responsibility to ensure all reasonable precautions are taken to protect human health and the environment; and compensate our employees at a level to enable them to meet at least their basic needs, and comply with relevant equal pay and working hours directives.
- We provide relevant training and opportunities for employees, and endeavour to assist them to achieve a work-life balance.
Environment and development
- We are committed to sustainable development, and endeavour to ensure our services contribute to improvements in national development targets.
- We encourage the development and use of environmentally friendly technologies within our sphere of influence.
- We take due account of prior environmental impact assessments for relevant business opportunities.
- We demonstrate high standards of corporate governance.
- We recognise the value of our employees as a key asset and provide opportunities to improve their skills and capabilities in order to raise their economic and social opportunities.
- We aim to be recognised by our clients as a leading partner in their development, by delivering effective results through professional advice, expert training and practical support.
- We promote fair competition (including respect for intellectual property rights) and are professional, impartial and equitable in our selection and payment of suppliers and contractors, both for our own usage and on behalf of our clients.
Integrity and conduct
- We do not give or accept bribes or other illegal inducements.
- We have no links with any political party and do not make political contributions.
- We respect and adhere to laws in countries where we operate.
- We will not be party to price fixing or other anti-competitive practices.
- We will not be party to money laundering, insider dealing or tax evasion.
- We comply with trade and financial sanctions imposed by the UN.
- We endeavour to partner governments, non-governmental organisations, private companies and local communities to contribute to the empowerment and participation of civil society.
- We support charities and community projects.